CARLSBAD SIXTH GRADE ACADEMY
Amy Coll, Principal
Joleen Lopez, Asst. Principal
301 Alta Vista Street
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220
(575) 234-3316 Fax: (575) 234-3478
CSGA will begin Hybrid instruction on February 8, 2021.
You must screen your student each morning before sending them to school. If your child is experiencing any of the following symptoms, please keep them home and report symptoms to your child’s school office.
If your child is running a fever above 100.4degrees, experiencing shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, headache, muscle aches, chills, repeated shaking with chills, or loss of taste or smell.
Families have the option of continuing remote learning throughout the school year. Those who choose the hybrid option will be divided into two groups:
- Group A will be on campus Monday and Tuesday and will learn Wednesday-Friday remotely.
- Group B will learn Monday-Wednesday remotely and will be on campus Thursday and Friday.
- No students will be on campus Wednesdays.
- Student population will be limited to 50 percent of the building's enrollment.
- We expect all students and staff to wear a mask except while eating and drinking. If students do not have a mask, they will have one provided. Failure to comply with mask and safety requirements will result in a student being placed in on-line learning for the remainder of the year.
- Face shields, bandanas, gators, and single-layer cloth masks are not compliant with school requirements.
- Social distancing will be in place at all times.
- We recommend each student bring a backpack and water bottle as students will not have access to lockers or water fountain.
- Lobos students will be picked up and dropped off on the south side of school (near Tansill Road).
- Aggies and Greyhounds will be picked up and dropped off on the north side of school (near the Boys and Girls Club).
- Please make sure your student brings their Chromebook fully charged as well as their charger to school each day.
- Your child’s first period teacher should be contacting you within the next couple of days to answer any questions you may have.